In addition I’ve written over 30 guidebooks, one podcast, three radio plays, a collection of my travel writing (Snakes Alive), an erotic novel (Hot Aegean Nights) and a crime novel (Strip till Dead).
My awards include:
- A Travelex Award for Best Travel Consumer Magazine Feature
- A British Guild of Travel Writers Award
- Two Awards for Excellence from the Outdoor Writers and Photographers Guild
- A Benjamin Franklin Award in the USA for a guidebook to Paris
- One of the Press Gazette’s 50 Most Influential Travel Journalists in the UK
- AITO Online Travel Writer of the Year
I publish several travel content websites, publish the Beyond Travel Guides, and divide my time between my homes in Cambridgeshire in the UK and near Tucson in Arizona.